By Reese Burns, Assistant Editor
Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
*(measurements in this recipe make about 2 dozen cookies)*
By far my favorite cookie I have ever made!
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water, mix and let sit until gooey)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp peppermint extract
- BIG handful of dairy free chocolate chips (optional, and they don’t have to be dairy free)
- Crushed oreos and candy canes
- Make your chia egg!
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix all your dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- In a separate (larger) bowl whisk together the wet ingredients until combined and then incorporate your dry ingredients and chocolate chips
- Grease or line a cookie sheet and roll out around 24 balls of cookie dough and lightly press down with your fingertips
- Add your cookies and candy canes to ithe tops of the cookies and back for 15 minutes
- Let cool for about 10 minutes and dig in! They are sooooo chewy and delicious!
I promise these will not disappoint!
Homemade Healthy Peppermint Patties
My new obsession! These are so easy to make and are healthier and in my opinion better tasting than York Peppermint Patties!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup powdered sweetener of choice (I used swerve because it actually makes them taste COLD)
- 1.5 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips + 1 tbsp coconut oil (melt these two together!)
- Crushed candy canes (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together your coconut oil, powdered sweetener, and peppermint extract
- You have to be a little patient because it does take a little while for it to completely combine and form a “batter”
- Once combined, add a few drops of the food coloring and make sure its evenly spread throughout the mixture
- Roll out balls of the mixture and flatten them to form the inside of the patty, let sit in the freezer for about 20 minutes
- After the 20 minutes, take your frozen peppermint patties and dip them into your melted chocolate and place them on some wax paper and top with your crushed candy canes
These are actually incredible, I am not kidding! Enjoy!
Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies
*(these measurements make about 8 cookies so adjust to your liking!)*
THESE ARE SO GOOD! The perfect winter treat 🙂
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Crushed candy canes (as much as you want)
- ⅓ cup dairy free chocolate chips (or dairy ones)
- Don’t preheat your oven yet, the dough will have to chill!
- Combine your wet ingredients (egg, coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla) in a medium sized bowl and make sure there are no lumps
- After the batter is nice and smooth, add your almond flour and baking powder and mix until well incorporated
- Add in your crushed candy canes and chocolate chips and mix toegtehr until evenly distributed throughout your batter
- Chill your batter for at least 30 minutes, 1 hour is ideal! (I know it’s annoying but it’s worth it!)
- Now you can preheat your oven to 350°F and line your cookie sheet with baking paper
- Scoop your cookie dough onto the baking sheet, leaving about 2-3 inches between each cookie
- Bake for about 20 minutes and enjoy!
These are the perfect peppermint cookies and are suitable for any time of the year let’s be honest.