Marina’s Sprinkle Valentines Day Cookie Recipe
1 stick of butter softened (½ cup)
¼ cup cream cheese softened
1 ½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
2 ½ cup flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream together softened butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and extracts until fluffy. (About five minutes.)
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
3. Slowly begin to add flour mixture to wet ingredients with mixer on low, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition of the dry mixture.
4. Once dough is combined, wrap up dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours before baking.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
6. Pour sprinkles into a medium bowl, and roll tablespoon sized balls of dough into the sprinkles until they are fully coated.
7. Place sprinkled balls onto the baking sheets and bake for 7-9 minutes.
8. Allow cookies to cool completely.